data.gov.sg was first launched in 2011 as the government's one-stop portal to its publicly-available datasets from 70 public agencies. To date, more than 100 apps have been created using the government’s open data.
Data.Gov.Sg aims to include:
- Provide one-stop access to the government’s publicly-available data
- Communicate government data and analysis through visualisations and articles
- Create value by catalysing application development
- Facilitate analysis and research
Data Sharing Principles
The following data sharing principles aim to guide the Government agencies' Open Data efforts.
- Data shall be made easily accessible
- Data shall be made available for co-creation
- Data shall be released in a timely manner
- Data shall be shared in machine-readable format
- Data shall be as raw as possible